Sunday, August 12, 2007

Week 3 - Closed for Repairs


Are we there yet? No! In fact, I have 1 more entire week devoted to lesson planning before I get to rest. And by rest, I mean get on a 10+ hour plane ride, have a little more orientation, and then get on a 10 hour train ride. Woo hoo! Hahaha. Nah, it's not that bad, really.

In all honesty, I am pretty tired of making, refining, refining, and refining lesson plans. But, as always, I know there is a lot of value in getting these things mapped out before I depart. This week was also a little more difficult because I have actually gotten sick. I am definitely trying to get in rest where I can, but there isn't always a lot to be had. I am eating well and taking my vitamins, but I guess with allergy problems and sleep deprivation, I could only expect to go so long before I was hit with something. Let's hope it passes quickly.

The friendships that I've been building here have been great. God has truly brought together some great people with great visions to this place. The only disappointing thing about it is that, after we all get on our planes, I won't see any of them again (except for my teammate) until our first retreat, 90 days into our time abroad. But for now, they are here, and I am truly enjoying my time with them.

What else? I am reminded of how much I really, really love having a world filled with music. When you find yourself going from class to class all day long with few breaks in between, there isn't a lot of time to hear and sing along to some good melodies. I guess one of the good things about lesson planning time is that I can generally put on my headphones and enjoy some tunes for a while. It's great to see how much peace and enjoyment I get from these times. I hope God will always keep a good song in my heart or in my ears, as it is something that instantly reveals His goodness to me.

For those of you who can, I would love prayer for a strong finish. This upcoming week is our last one here, and things must be wrapped up before I go. So, as I continue to get well, I hope that God will bless me with increasing mental vigor to really come up with some great lesson plans to share with my students. I think I will enjoy the challenges of teaching, but I will definitely need some divine guidance to help me become the teacher I need to be.

How are things in your world? Let me hear from you if you have time!

1 comment:

Trey said...

Oh no! You can't be sick! The folks at the airport will think you have bird flu!