Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Christmas Time

Well, it officially feels like Christmas now. I've been listening to Christmas music lately, but it just hasn't put me in a holiday mood, but that changed today. Today was a fun day.

First, this afternoon I received a package from some friends back home. It was filled with all sorts of goodies and silly things, too. Yeah, I know I probably shouldn't have opened it until Christmas, but I'll be out of town Christmas day, so I felt justified in my actions :P

Second of all, tonight we had movie night with our students, and we watched "Christmas Vacation." Although I nearly cried a time or two because the yearly tradition is that we watch this movie as a family, I loved getting to laugh with the students as they saw the movie for the first time.

It's great to see Todd and Margo making fools of themselves, the Griswold house and its 25,000 Italian imported twinkle lights, Aunt Bethany and her misplaced patriotism, Ellen's oh-so-sly (or is it not-so-sly?) flicking away of the dried out turkey, the fried pussy-cat, the dump truck driving through the nitroglycerin plant, Clark's beautiful monologue regarding his wonderful boss Mr. Shirley, cousin Eddie, cousin Eddie, and cousin Eddie. Ha! Such a good movie.

Anyway, it is still a little sad being so far away from home on Christmas for 2 years in a row now, but I'm glad the Christmas spirit has hit me. And next week we will travel to Shanghai to enjoy the holiday with other teacher friends there. We'll do a gift exchange and an amazing Christmas dinner of pizza. Ha. Should make for a good time.

Wishing you all a great Christmas season and holiday! Please drop me a line if I haven't heard from you in a while!