Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Mood of Things

Okay, I won't comment much on this. I'll just give a brief introduction. This is an email I recently received from one of my students. And, honestly, it is one of many similar ones, though the wording is a little clearer in this one. You guys! There is a change in the air here. The old traditional ideas are being questioned. I believe this is because 1) there have been many great prayers to help open things up 2) my teaching partner and I are really working hard to see the banner of His glory raised high for all to see and enjoy and 3) (most importantly) the Spirit is ready to move!

PLEASE: Keep praying for what is happening here. The harvest is plentiful. We need more harvesters - both on site and at home, in prayer. Please, please, please, commit time to this if it is in your heart to do so. Eternity hangs in the balance, and I want to tip the scales in a good way.

Here's the email (only very slightly modified to help correct some of the Chinglish):

I would like to share some of my feelings with you. I want to say I really have had a lot of fun in your class. I enjoy it very much. I have made so many new friends. All of them are so kind.

For you and Mr. B, you both motivate us, and you want to make us more active, even more than before. Thank you, my friend.

It doesn’t feel like it’s been 2 months since we came into this class, does it? More than half of this semester has gone. I feel kind of scared. I love this semester far more than any other semesters! But I will not have a semester like this any more in college.

During this 2 month period, I have noticed that my life has seemed to be a little flat. It might make me feel comfortable. But now I realize that is not good for me. I should do something different. I want to challenge myself, though it may make me kind of uncomfortable.

I hope I will not regret anything at the end of this semester. I think it will be the most exciting and valuable time during my whole college life. I want to find a new life of richer detail, both wider and wilder. I don’t want to miss any more. I want to be present and conscious and aware. I hope I can find the way to be that kind of person.

(Wow.)